Derick signed up for a men's soccer league and had his first game this past weekend and, well, I did managed to get a picture of the baby sporting her "Daddy's biggest fan" onezie I made her, I did forget to get any pictures of Derick. I do have a legitimate excuse....It was SOOOOOOO cold by the time they started playing that I couldn't move much. It was fun to watch though. He did a really good job. He even made a goal! I was very impressed. I promise to get some action shots for next time.

I realized I dont have many pictures with me and the baby so I wanted too take one a few mornings ago. She was very matchy that day. She had a matching onezie, hat, bib, and blanket. (Thank you Jessica :))The only thing that didn't match was her pants...but they "went" together. Yes, she is starting to have to wear bibs now. She is drooling like crazy! (We still blame it on Cousin Tighe teaching her how!) :)
What else is going on at our house? Nothing too terribly much... oh!!!! WE GOT TILE!!! Yes, we finally got tile for our shower that has been concrete walls for about a year now. I don't think it will actually make it onto the walls until spring break, but we have it! Speaking of breaks- I am SOOOOOOO mad with my school district!! So we booked tickets to go to Washington in July during weeks that I knew NOTHING would be going on for school. Summer school would be over and my prep for the new year would not have started yet. WELL- they decided to announce that summer school dates will be in July encompassing the exact dates we will be gone! I could not believe it! So that means added income from working summer school will be NONE, besides the fact that I thoroughly enjoy working it--the days are short, it's easy money, and I get to work with Deaf kids from the elementary school (they are so different from my "cool" older middle schoolers.) I would miss 9 out of the 15 day they are in session. Oh well. That is life.
I realized I dont have many pictures with me and the baby so I wanted too take one a few mornings ago. She was very matchy that day. She had a matching onezie, hat, bib, and blanket. (Thank you Jessica :))The only thing that didn't match was her pants...but they "went" together. Yes, she is starting to have to wear bibs now. She is drooling like crazy! (We still blame it on Cousin Tighe teaching her how!) :)
Baby mama stuff-- so I kind of went through this "I am jealous of my sitter because she sees my baby more than I do" thing last week. I think I am over it now, but it came out of the blue and hit me hard. I have also been noticing my overreactions to news stories about babies being neglected and killed. I tend to get a bit weepy when I hear the sad stories now. I have this attachment to all babies now. I hope that is normal too.
What else?.....nothing much.....Just still getting used this new baby life. I hope everyone has a great week!
1 comment:
Being sensitive to tragic things that happen to babies is totally normal... At least I feel the same way. Derick was a pretty good soccer player in high school. I remember going to one of his games when I was on break from college and I was rather obnoxious, yelling and cheering. O'lena is so darn cute! Yes, you can blame Tighe for the drooling. He is pretty good at it. Can't wait to see you guys in April!
Post a Comment