We spent last week working on O'lena's bed room. We put her in the toddler bed and I thought it would be a good time to turn it in to a little girls room and not a baby room any more. I found this art work at Target that gave me the concepts and most of the stuff I got from Old Time Pottery, Target, and AC Moore. Oh and the Dollar Tree. It was a lot of fun decorating. I think she really likes it and I do too. She comes in and talks about her butterflies and her princess bed.
| The picture that started it all! I fell in love with it! |
The big butterfly I got at Old Time Pottery and added extra colored ribbon. The other little butter lies and birds are from AC Moore and the flower stickers are from the Dollar Tree. Yep, they were a dollar. Best dollar spent! The quilt hanging up is from our friend Linda. It has been hanging there since she was one but it went with it so I kept it there. The pig my roommate from college made it. It just has been a part of the room from the beginning and keeps being part of it. The little scare is made from another friend of the family Susan Webb and the bed was given to us by the Strykowski's.
She has been doing okay with the bed. We have had only one night where she had a hard time going to go to sleep, but every morning we wake up to her asleep on the couch. She doesn't come into our room to wake us up, but just moves out there to sleep. I think she gets scared of the dark. I really need to get her a night light. We have been leaving the hall light on for her but it isn't enough.
This is a video of her going into her room all done. She had helped me with it most of the day, but I put on her new princess bedding and added a few little things. She had also been wearing big girl undies all day. We went though about 10 pairs but she knows when she needs to go now. Most of the time we dont make it but we will keep trying ;)
2 comments:
Ok, that is a super cute video, and the room is beautiful!!
That is a really cool room. I wish my room looked that cool. Great Job!!
Post a Comment