Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fight Gone BAD

Derick worked really hard raising money for Wounded Soldiers. A local gym Derick does work for and occasionally workouts at, did "Fight Gone Bad." It is where people sponsor a person, Derick, to do a rigorous work out. It is a set up of 5 stations and the workoutters rotate through stations 3 times at 1 minute each, with a minute to rest after one complete of 5 station rotation. You are to do as many reps as you can in one minute. The thing is, you tend to do very well the first round, but by the third round you are very tired. Derick rocked though!! Not to brag about my man, but he had the best score in the gum!! He also raised $195 for the cause!! Here are some pictures and videos from the event.





Derick and Rob before starting the workout.





This is a shot of the guys doing the stations. I love the fact that Jim is in mid air jumping on the box. I forget the technical term for the box and all the other exercises.



I love this shot! I just had to....





Derick jumping on the box. It 20 inches high. I know for a fact I would not be able to do anything close to that.





This is Rob recovering after it was over. He did recover successfully.





This the after shot.These are videos of Derick and Kristin killing the.....okay I have to ask Derick what these are called again. Anyways the men's were 75 pounds and women's were lighter, but not by much really.









I was really impressed with it all. Everyone put their hearts into it and they were doing it for a good cause. I'm sure they asked they asked themselves why they were doing it in the process, but if you asked them they would do it all over again. Well they actually will. Next year. I think they even do a practice round midyear.

Check out the site http://www.fgb4.org/

This is the gym's webstite too. http://www.crossfitfortmyers.com/ There is a bunch of information and pictures of the workout. There were different groups. If you scroll through the first group Derick, Rob, Kristin, and Jim are in the second.

1 comment:

Jim Newman said...

I wasn't jumping I was levitating!