Sunday, September 13, 2009

Ultrasound update

Derick, mom and I went to the see the midwife this past week. It ended up being a fun trip. I got an ultrasound, blood drawn for my baby diabetes test (I don’t find out the results until next week,) poked for the flu shot, and realized I was a week off counting how far along I am. For some reason I thought I was 27 weeks, but I am 26 weeks. The ultrasound went well. The baby is looking good and is still a girl. When the ultrasound tech was pointing out to us the parts that show it is a girl, Derick asked “What would you see if it was boy.” Her response? “A penis…..” Thanks Derick.

Here are some pictures. There are repeats, some with the flash and without. It is hard getting a good pictures of the pictures.

D-Penny profile with her hand up by her face.



Profile again, but you can see her heart right in the middle. It is the coolest thing when they show you it beating close up. You can see all four chambers and everything!





This is a foot. A two inch foot! She has her mama feet already.


This is the picture that shows D-Penny is still is a girl.



The only issue we have is that my amniotic fluid is low, still in the normal range but on the low side. I need to increase my fluids and we are going to check it out again in two weeks. I also now start visiting them every two weeks anyways. The baby is the right size though. She was small last ultrasound, in the 24th percentile, but she is now in the 48th percentile. Right were she should be. Oh she is 1lb and 12oz. Almost two pounds.

Derick and I still haven’t decided on a name. Kaylin won the poll so we defiantly keep that in mind, but there is nothing definite. At this rate we are both so over it that she might not get one until we get to the hospital. We call her D-Penny for fun.

In other news: The parents got broken into last week (the new big garage outback.) They didn’t get anything because mom heard them and got Jim to go out there and he scared them off. It kind of got me be a bit nervous though. Then Derick got stopped by some dude last night IN OUR DRIVEWAY wanting money (at 10:30pm!) Now I am getting REALLY nervous!! We are going to be looking into getting a security system and better lighting around the house. Thing just seem to keep happening. My new theme in life: be proactive not reactive.



2 comments:

Hip Kitty said...

Little Miss DPenny looks beautiful! Love the updates :)

Jessica Chalmers said...

Baby looks great! Gee, sounds like you live in our neighborhood! Be safe!