I cannot believe it has been a week already! She is so wonderful!
Things are going great! Today was my first day by myself with O'lena. Derick went back to work, but it is only going to be for a couple of days. He gets from Christmas until the 4th off. It has been wonderful having him around so much. He has been awesome! I officially have to say he has probably change 3 times more diapers than i have.
She has been great so far. We had one day where she cried from 2pm to about 3am until I put a pacifier in her mouth. I felt really guilty because the books and lactation consultants say not to use them, but it was the only thing that worked. She loves it now and I really haven't had a problem with breastfeeding because of it. I just think breastfeeding is a learning process for the both of us. We are working it out.
Labor and delivery was fantastic. Postpartum stinks! I think I might cry more then she does, but it is getting better. I am learning really quickly that there is alot of ways to do things.
Exciting news! Her little stump of an umbilical cord fell off yesterday. She has an official belly button now. She is growing up so fast!!!
Yes, it has taken me a week to post pictures but I am learning quickly that taking care of a baby is time consuming. I have to plan when to take a shower and go to the bathroom. I am going to try to get video up of the delivery soon. Not the actual delivery part but the afterness of her getting cleaned up and everything. It is on my list to do- just like 15 other things. Oh well :)
4 comments:
She is beautiful! I'm so glad everything turned out alright. Welcome to parenthood!
Look at her! BEAUTIFUL.
I happen to think you are doing a fantastic job~ and if it takes a noogie to make it happen, then oh well! :)
Congratulations again to you all!! We are thinking of you.
Wow! Great job Mom she looks so beautiful and healthy!
Hey Whitney,
I'm glad you sent me your blogspot!!
O'Leana Lynn is so pretty!!
She looks really smart !!
Luv,
Janette
Post a Comment