Monday, November 1, 2010

Camping in Highlands Hammock

We went camping last weekend. I had a long weekend and we went out with our friends Greg, Chrissy, and their son Quinton. We went to the state park called Highlands Hammock near Seabring. It was a nice trip even though O'lena was cranky, but come to find out she had an ear infection, the poor baby. Other than that...oh yeah i slept alot...I think our friends think we are lazy...we had a blast! On Sunday we went hiking threw some trails...saw a couple huge trees...one with cement in it...shot a couple of vultures....it was good fun. Here are the pictures, but they are not in any kind of order. Oleeny getting a bath in her baby bath. I was not going to try to shower with her, nor am i going to put her on the ground in the shower....mother!
They rented a bike with a baby seat on it and I took Lena around the circle- she was out in 3 minutes flat!! It was funny. I took her out later and she really enjoyed it. I need to get me one of those.


Isn't she cute in her hat? She was just posing for the camera.
Meeeee and leeeeneeeyyyy
Isnt she just cute?
Derick and his cast iron cooking. We had the best dinners ever!! The pot roast and corn bread was to die for. He really has a talent.
This is the tree filled with cement. It was suppose to keep it from falling over, but it got the limbs so heavy that they fell off anyways.
Here Quinton wanted to push the baby around. He did a great job. He will be a good big brother when the time comes. O'lena was like whatever....
O'lena and Quinton hanging out in the pop-up. Chrissy and Greg just bought a pop-up the same week we did. It was their first trip in it. Besides the baby falling out (there were a couple bungy cords missing that held the canvas closed) they loved it!
The family.
Mommy riding with O'lena. I forgot how much fun it was. I know mom has been pushing us to get one...i think it is a good idea.
Greg and Derick hanging out with the baby. Just-a-hanging out....

No comments: