Saturday, March 2, 2013

Derick leaving...again...no wait...there he goes

http://www.winknews.com/Local-Florida/2013-02-23/National-Guard-units-leaves-Arcadia-for-deployment-to-Qatar#.UTKijFf7619

 http://www.floridaguard.army.mil/282903

We got an extra day with Derick!!!! Some of the soldiers had to leave from Sebring but D got to come home for another day. We were up early EARLY to get to his Unit. Luckily we have made fast friends with another family and carpooled together. I thought we would be just dropping him off and leaving again but we got to stay and watch him leave. again....and again.... They had some technical issues with Derick's bus so there was a bit of starting and stopping, but they got it together and finally pulled away.
O'lena looking at all the "Daddy soldiers" as she calls them.

Our family picture

Derick on his bus...notice how dark it is....

Went around front then stopped.

Good part was they made all the soldiers get off the bus and I got another kiss!!!!

Stuck bus at the battery.

They totally got a police escort out of town!!

And off they go....notice the light now, haha


They drove them through town and there were many people out waving to all the men. Everyone was following behind in a caravan. It was really neat.

Yeah, this is where I lost it. I was doing great up to this point!


No comments: