I got the idea of this entertainment center while shopping. I took a picture of a wine rack that was on its side. I brought it hope and asked if he could make it. He said "Yes, if I get a flatscreen to go on top." (Some how he must of known I had already been in the process of saving for it.) Needless to say got my entertainment center. He got his flat screen- which happens to be his 30th birthday present. Yes, Derick is turning 30 next week!
The same kind of story goes with the bookshelf. We were walking in Lowe's and they had this A frame bookshelf. Whitney-"Derick, I really like that." Derick-"I can make it." And so he did! I know he is done making funiture for awhile though.
Don't mess with us! So Derick and I have stepped up security around here, ever since the break-ins last month. We did get a security system installed and made a trip to the gun show for extra "protection." This is me practicing "protecting" myself. So we did realize after the fact that it was probably not the best idea to go to the range pregnant, but we did do it safely. She didn't mind the shooting as much as the Latin cover band a couple of weeks ago. She was sleeping most of the time, only when someone was shooting .357 did she move to where I could feel her.
In other baby news-
D-Penny is kicking up a storm now and causing my body to do the fun pregnancy things i.e. I had to take off my wedding ring this weekend because I am retaining water. My feet are starting to swell too. It has been really fun being able to feel a head or a butt sticking out of my belly. Other than that....nothing too exciting.
I did realize that some people don't get the D-Penny thing, my parents didn't. Derick's friends call him D Money. It is a nick name they game him a while ago that just stuck. While talking about baby names someone came up with the idea that we could call our little one D-cent or D-Penny. Since it is a girl and we can't decide on a real name we call her D-Penny.
1 comment:
LOVE that entertainment center! Lucky girl for sure :)
Post a Comment