Sunday, January 23, 2011

Some pictures and a bit of news

Here are some pictures from my camera.

Here is Uncle Bryan with O'lena. Isnt she cute? Yeah he is too. Big Senior now....it really makes me feel old!
We went to go eat at Red Robin the other night and Derick got a balloon for O'leeny. She loved it. I thought this was a cute picture. I just see her saying..."Daddy, do you like my balloon?!"

So we had to go to the ENT the other day to get her ears checked. The doctor said she needed tubes. She meets many of the qualifications for them. My mom wants a second opinion so we are going on Wednesday to meet with another doctor. I am interested to meet this one, because I know ALOT about him. (About 90% of my students see him for their hearing aids.) I just have never meet him before. I am not too nervous about her getting tubes. I dont like the idea of sugary, but the outcome is worth it. They say she is not hearing much. I have been using signs with her ALOT but she is not picking it up like i hoped she would. She is not talking too much either...they may be related...oooo I need to ask about that. The teacher in me is saying "dont worry she will pick it up," but the mom in me is going "ummm, whats wrong?!" Anyways....
So I also got some slack from Derick because I did not post about what HE did while O'lena and I were in NC. Welllll.....the best husband ever....painted my bathroom (totally cool faux paint) put up chair-rail in our bedroom, pulled out all the furniture from the walls because we had to treat for termites, AND put it back together again! He is the best. We still have more work on the bathroom but the paint is AMAZING!!! I love it! It is my favorite room in the house right now.